The flipper is a metal extension found at the back of the blade near the pivot. It can be found on both assisted and manual folders.
Opening with a Flipper, Assisted:
- Hold the knife handle vertically in one hand.
- Place your index finger on the top of the flipper.
- Gently apply downward pressure on the flipper.
- SpeedSafe opens the knife quickly and easily, and the blade locks into place.
Opening with a Flipper, Manual:
- Hold the knife handle in one hand with the butt end resting firmly in the palm of your hand.
- Place your index finger on the highest point of the flipper.
- Push down strongly and quickly on the flipper.
- The blade will move out of the handle and lock into place. If you have trouble moving the blade fully out of the handle, add a slight flip of the wrist.